Introduction: Use the Xero demo account to get an understanding of how Float works without using real data.
Here's how to activate the demo account in Xero if you haven't already:
- Log in to Xero and go to My Xero from the top right hand dropdown.
- At the bottom of the list of companies, you'll see 'Try the demo company'. This will now be activated, so that you can use it with Float.
- Sign up with or log in to Float. If you've never signed up before, it will take you through the process to connect and you can just use the dropdown in Xero to choose the right account.
- Add the company under the Companies dropdown. Go to Company Dashboard and click 'add another company', which will take you through to Xero.
- On the Xero authorisation page, you're asked to select which organisation Float can access: Use the dropdown to find the Demo Company.
Once you're finished with the Demo Company you can delete it in your Float settings.