Getting Started with Float
Using & Understanding Float
- Single Account deep dive
- Accounts to watch (cash in)
- Accounts to watch (cash out)
- Budget Variance
- Overall Cash in vs. Cash out
Your Float Starting Balance
- The difference between Base and Actual figures
- Where can I find my starting balance?
- How does Float calculate my starting balance?
- What’s the difference between my starting cash balance and my bank balance?
- How to make sure your starting balance in Float is always accurate and up to date
- My starting balance in Float is wrong - what can I do?
Bank Accounts & Credit Cards
Expected dates on bills and invoices
- Changing expected dates on invoices and bills
- Where can I see my upcoming invoices and bills in Float?
- Can I ignore invoices and bills in Float?
- If I change/ignore an invoice or bill in Float will it change data in my accounting platform?
- Float is showing overdue bills/invoices from months/years ago - what can I do?
- Some bills/invoices are missing - what can I do?
- What are budgets?
- Creating budgets
- Weekly Budgeting
- Increasing and decreasing budgets
- Budgeting for a specific time period
- Moving budgets between months
How to Forecast in Float
- How to set up your forecast
- Missing Accounts
- Does Float automatically calculate my tax?
- Can Float do weekly forecasting?
- I don't want to see all of my accounting codes - can I group them to make the table simpler?
- How to forecast quickly in Float
Categories & Groups
Importing your data
Invoices & bills
- Hidden Bills/Invoices
- Batch actions
- Batch include/exclude invoices and bills
- Batch set expected date
- Draft invoices (Xero only)
- Include/exclude individual invoices/bills
- Can a scenario become the 'base'?
- Moving budgets between scenarios
- Scenario Layer Budgets
- Duplicating a Scenario
- Base scenario
- Creating a scenario layer
- 6 steps for getting started with Float
- Step 1: Make sure the bank balances match up
- Step 2: Set up your bank accounts
- Step 3: Double check invoice and bill payment dates
- Step 4: Add in some new cash flow rows
- Step 5: Forecast some sales
Training on Float
- What are 'Actuals'?
- What does the 'no bank accounts' error mean?
- Can I combine all my companies into one forecast?
- Can I import a budget from Excel?
- Can I use Float as a stand-alone software?
- Can we install Float on our own server?
- Partner Pricing
- Adding a client company
- Adding staff to a company
- Adding a user to a company
- How the partner program works
- Transfer ownership back to a client
- Can the account be accessed by the accountant/client/financial planner?
- Do we receive an account manager?
- Does Float integrate with Xero Partner Software versions?
- How much access/control is available to the client (as opposed to the accountant) in the program?
- What platforms can I integrate with Float?
Account and billing
- What is 2-Factor Authentication?
- Where is 2-Factor Authentication Mandatory?
- How to login using 2-Factor Authentication
- Using an Authenticator app
- My 2FA Authentication app code is incorrect
- What to do if you've lost access to your account via 2-FA?